Swollen? If you’re not, you’re one lucky preggers momma. If you are, we know how uncomfortable and annoying it can be.
Some swelling in your feet and ankles during pregnancy is normal. Here are some quick tips to help reduce the puffiness you may be experience:
- Kick back – put your feet up whenever you can
- Don’t cross your legs while sitting
- Take breaks from prolonged sitting or standing – stretch, take a quick walk, or have a seat.
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat healthy, try to avoid junk food (sometimes that’s easier said than done)
- Wear comfy shoes – we know how hard it is to give up heels!
- Try wearing a light graduated compression product like Preggers
Having mild swelling during pregnancy can seem very medically and yucky, but it doesn’t have to be! Wearing a pair of Preggers gradient compression hose can liven up any outfit. Being healthy and fashionable is doable. A pair of poppy or roasted chestnut tights with your fall outfit, will help to reduce and prevent minor swelling as well as add a fashionable touch to your ensemble. And, who doesn’t like to look and feel good?
*If you are experiencing more than mild swelling or sudden swelling, consult with your physician or care giver as this may be a sign of a more serious issue.
**This is only general information and is not meant for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical conditions. Always consult your physician or other health care provider about all health concerns, conditions, and recommended treatments.